Thursday, November 11, 2010

What i think of FastFoodNations!?

Fast Food Nations is not a book I would normally read, but glad I did. Throughout the book it has valuable information and helpful facts on fast food and the backgrounds on the companies. Without this book I wouldn’t know what really is in meat, how they handle the livestock, the employees, why we love fries so much and much, much more. Personally I hardly eat fast food, but this book made me NOT want fast food even more. The fact that I know how the food is being processed makes fast food unappealing and quit gross. I would have to say I’m a semi-vegetarian; I’m weird when it comes to the meat I eat. So the affect that this book has on me isn’t strong, but makes me think twice on fast food meat/food. The main issue that I don’t like is the way they handle the live stock they use for the meat. Since I don’t like meat as it is, I care about the way they handle their animals; they fatten them with unhealthy food, and slaughter them in an inhumanity manner. I love animals so feeding them fatty foods to make them have “more meat” isn’t right or good for us when we eat it. Overall Fast Food Nations can probably change the way person eats for the better of them

4 comments:

  1. Yea the book gave some very gross facts about how the food is handled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book made me want to stay away from fast food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I'm glad I read this book because I would've never known what really happens with the food before we eat it.

    ReplyDelete